What better way to use those scraps than a patchwork quilt for Baby Q!
The first step was to prepare the scraps by cutting them into squares the same size. In some cases, I sewed scraps together to make this possible.
The next step was laying out the squares. This was the most challenging part of the project. It took time to make sure the fabrics were repeating in a pleasant way and not all clumped together.
I decided to break up the patch work with some orange fine-wale corduroy left over from Halloween’s past. It’s in the same color family as the orange in the prints, just a bit brighter which really worked out.
Instead of batting, I used a thick piece of double-sided flannel. This adds such a great weight to the quilt.
Baby Q loves to point to the fun illustrations in this quilt like the camper, fire, mountains and fish.
If brothers ever share a room, it will be easy to coordinate.
And there is no sweeter reward for my hard work then watching my sweet little one quietly snuggled in a quilt made with so much love!